Having a fireplace in your home adds a cozy, eye pleasing component. But having a fireplace also means having a chimney. Taking proper care of your chimney is extremely important to prevent the hazards that come as a natural result of having a fire in the home. If you need a chimney inspection, contact our team. We can assist you in diagnosing any issues caused by your chimney. And we provide affordable, quality chimney repairs in San Antonio, TX. Don’t hesitate to contact our team at (210) 663-0464. We’ll be happy assist you with any questions you may have about our chimney repair services.
Some of the chimney services we offer include the following:
- Brickwork Services
- Chimney Inspection
- Chimney Restoration
- Crown and Caps Repairs / Replacement
- Exhaust Repair
- Flue Relining
- Replacement of Fireboxes, Smoke Chambers Parging and Dampers
- Sheet Rock Repair
- and more!
When your chimney is in disrepair it can cause further damages to the rest of your roofing system. Leaks can occur due to a weakened chimney structure. And ultimately if your chimney is not well maintained it can result in an increased danger of a fire starting on your roof.
Chimney Safety Tips
If you own a home with a chimney, it is important that you always consider the safety of the system. The following are some tips to keep in mind in order to help keep your home and family safer:
- Ensure your roof is clear of any leaves, sticks, twigs, pine needles or debris
- Cover your chimney with a specifically designed mesh screen spark arrester
- Trim back any nearby trees to prevent hanging branches by the chimney
- Keep your fireplace hearth free of debris
- If your fireplace has a glass door, keep it open when you are burning a fire (this keeps a better air flow which draws the smoke up and out of the chimney and cuts down on creosote build-up)
- Install smoke alarms all throughout your house and test the batteries at least once a year
- Vent all your heating equipment properly
- Ensure your vent pipes are three feet or more above your roof
- Schedule a chimney inspection at least once a year
For more information about chimney repairs in San Antonio, call our expert team at (210) 663-0464. We can schedule a chimney inspection and get to work resolving any issues your chimney or roofing system is facing.